- Chennai-born Raja Rajeswari has been appointed as a criminal court judge in New York by Mayor Bill de Blasio and she is becoming the first India-born woman to be appointed as the judge in New York City.
- Director Yash Chopra has been honoured By the Switzerland government on 4th May 2016. The bronze Statue of the late filmmaker, which weighs about 250 kg and it was installed at the heart of Interlaken inside Interlaken kursaal area.
- The supreme court of Bangladesh has upheld death sentence for Jamaat-e- Islami leader of Motiur Rahman Nizami over war crime charges
- Brazilian Supreme Court justice on 5th May 2016 suspended lower house speaker Eduardo cunha for obstructing efforts
- The Lok Sabha on 5th May 2016 has passed the bankruptcy Bill that seeks to improve the ease of doing business in the country. The Bill will now go to Rajya Sabha for its consent.
- 7 people were killed and around 90 injured when heavy rain accompanied by lightning and storm and uprooted makeshifts tent s of pilgrim in and around the side simhastha kumbh mela in madhya pradesh on 4th May 2016.
- The National green tribunal has asked the Delhi government to plant 2000 trees for chopping 216 trees in the residential Colony in North East Delhi Yamuna Vihar on 4th may 2016.
- Vice Admiral Sunil Lamba currently the flag officer commanding- in- chief Western Naval Command has been appointed as the next chief of Naval Staff on 5th may, 2016.
- Dr. Radha Binod Barman, an eminent statistician, took over the charge of Chairperson in the National Statistical Commission(as the part-time) on 5th May,2016.
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy has launched ‘Contract Labour Payment Management System’ on 3rd May, 2016. It is a portal of Coal India Limited (CIL).
- On 4th May, 2016, Pranav Pandya, head of the All World Gayatri Pariwar and editor of Akhand Jyoti magazine has been nominated to the Rajya Sabha by President Pranab Mukherjee.
- On 5th May, 2016, The Bombay High Court allowed possession of slaughtered beef and also decriminalised it.The court said that section 5D that prohibits possession of the flesh of cow, bull or bullock slaughtered outside the state of Maharashtra breaks privacy.
- Red Bull racing cars has dropped Daniil Kyvat from its drivers line up for the rest of the Formula One season replace him with a teenager Max Verstappen on 5th May 2016.
- Soumyajit Ghosh highest jumped 65 in the world Asian Cup in tennis and become the number one Indian peddlers on 5th May 2016.
- Former Asian juniors bronze medalist Manavaditya Singh Rathore Short 110 and placed 28 in junior men’s trap in the Junior World Cup in Suhl,Germany on 5th May 2016.
- Gareth Bale has celebrated his efforts in Manchester City’s Fernando secured Real Madrid passage in the 14th European Cup final on 4th May 2016.
- Lili Das and Pankaj Malik won the best athlete awards in the girls and boys sections in the 14th junior Federation cup National athletics championship on 5th May 2016.
- Kerala defeated Madhya Pradesh by 66-38 in the level one boys match at the 67th junior National basketball Championship on 5th May 2016.
- On 4th May 2016, The Union Commerce Ministry, Nirmala Sitharaman has proposed a scheme to waive the visa requirement for business visitors and tourists from 18 countries. It is considered a critical step to economic and trade strategy.
- Forbes Middle east released the list of Top ten richest Indians living in Arab region. The list includes top 10 businessmen above 50 years of age. Sunil Vaswani of Stallion Group is on the top of the list.
- Japanese auto major Honda cars on 5th May 2016 has launched SUV with the BR-V. the petrol versions of the BR-V Air flights between rupees 8.75 lacs and 11. 99 lakhs while the diesel variants will come for between rupees 9.90 -1212. 90 lacs.
- NASSCOM( National Association of software and services companies) has signed a partnership agreement with the social networking site Facebook to build a product design initiative in the country on 6th May 2016.
- Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said Consumers in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities will have to submit affidavits to the LPG distributors stating their annual income is below rupees 10 lacs to continue to receive cooking gas subsidy.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]