- Kiran Bedi has taken an oath as Lieutenant governor of Puducherry on 29th May, 2016.
- The trial of Spanish Train Talgo, was conducted between Bareilly and Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh on 29th May, 2016.
- The official website of Prime Minister is now available in six-regional languages- Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Bengali.
- The Government initiated a new campaign on 30th May, 2016, in order to aware people about e-governance services in rural and semi-urban areas.
- JNU vice chancellor Jagesh Kumar said that they will reconsider the proposal for introducing a short-term courses on Yoga, Culture.
- TSR subramanian committee had submitted its report on 27th May, 2016 in which the committee recommended one-lakh scholarships for meticulous students from poor families.
- BJP announced 12 candidates for Rajya Sabha seats on 29th May, 2016.
- Central Government has decided to cancel all the ongoing contracts for defense equipment with Italy’s Finmeccanica.
- On World No tobacco day i.e. 31st May, 2016, World Health Organisation (WHO) is creating awareness to introduce plain packaging of tobacco which refers “strict prohibition”.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande celebrated their 100-year anniversary of the battle of Verdun in France on 29th May, 2016.
- Facebook Inc announced on 29th May, 2016, that its customers ads would now be visible to third party apps and to everyone who has ever visited his website.
- Bayer offered to buy Monsanto (German pharmaceutical and chemicals company) for $62billion, which created the world’s largest corporate and pesticide business deal.
- The New and Renewable Energy Minister, Piyush Goel is going to announce solar zones policy in June.
- Jet Airways will take back its wide-body Boeing aircrafts from Etihad Airways in the next six months.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad won IPL 9 title for the first time on 29th May, 2016.
- Thrower Seema Punia won gold medal and qualified for Rio olympics at Salinas, California, U.S.A on 29th May, 2016.
- The annual Tenzing- hillary everest Marathon which is marked as world’s highest marathon won by Nepalese soldier Bed bahadur Sunuwar in four hour 10 seconds.
- Mercedes driver Lewis hamilton won Monaco grand Prix in Monaco on 29th May, 2016.
- Real madrid defeated Atletico madrid in Champions League on 28th May, 2016.
- Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Shaharyar Khan said that they will not engage in any statements with india on Indo-Pak cricket ties until further orders.
Science And Technology News:-
- NASA has been declared to launch an interstellar mission to Alpha Centauri, a nearest star to solar system which is about 4.35 million years away from the sun in year 2069.
- On 29th May, 2016, First-ever- time U.S doctors have successfully transplanted multiple organs from the same donor in a 55- year old patient.
Arts, Awards And Technology News:-
- The second phase of excavation undertaken by branch VI, Bangalore of the Archaeological Survey of India suggested that the settlement at Keeladi village ,Tamil Nadu.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]