- American- Pakistan deal of fighter plane F-16 has been cancelled on 29th April, 2016.
- Columbia became the fourth South American country to allow same sex marriages .The Constitutional court legalised on 28th April, 2016.
- Former Bureaucrat and the parliamentarian N.K singh will receive Japan’s highest civilian honour for promoting economic, and cultural ties between India and Japan.
- Haryana Government has decided to make e-stamping mandatory in four districts of Gurgaon, Faridabad, Sonipat and Panchkula from 1st May, 2016.
- Gujarat Government has decided to accord 10% reservation for economically backward in general categories. This decision was announced on 29th April, 2016.
- The Indian wrestling team for the Asian Junior Championship was announced on 29th April, 2016 with eight participants named in three categories i.e. freestyle, Greco-Roman and Women’s wrestling.
- Bhavesh Gaur and Lalita Devarakonda had won the men’s and women’s titles in AITA ranking tennis tournament at the Chandigarh on 29th April, 2016.
- Olympic gold medalist and world champion, shooter Abhinav Bindra has agreed to be the India’s goodwill ambassador for the forthcoming Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil.
- Ashok Chawla former chief of Competition Commission is going to be appointed for National Stock Exchange(NSE).
- On 29th April, 2016, Reliance Defence has signed an agreement with three Ukrainian state owned firms- Ukroboronprom, Spets Techno Exports and Antonov for the purpose of collaboration of on a range of military products.
- On 29th April, 2016, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) has announced a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) for its 90,000-odd employees.
Arts, Culture And Awards
- A book on the lives of 21 Param Vir Chakra winners were written by Indian Social activist and was launched in London by the Indian High Commission to the U.K Navtej Sarna.It was Launched on 29th April, 2016.
- Sialkot Saga, a new book of well known writer Ashwin Sanghi was launched on 29th April, 2016.
- Saina Nehwal reached semifinal at the Asia Badminton Championship.She had defeated World Champion Shixian Wang of China in the women’s singles quarter final, which was held on 29th April, 2016.
- India’s War: The Making Of Modern South Asia, 1939-1945, book was written by Srinath Raghavan and Allen Lane.
- Gandhi: An Illustrated Biography was written by Pramod Kapoor.
Science And Technology
- British Astronaut Tim Peake, currently available on the International Space Station, will command a robot to roll around a giant sandpit in Stevenage town in England, which stimulates the surface of Mars.
- On 29th April, 2016 French official have launched a Transformer- like humanoid diving robot, called Ocean One, which will help in the practice of underwater archeology.
- Using data of galaxy clusters from NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory and other optical telescopes, astronauts developed a powerful method for investigating dark energy.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]