- Actress Priyanka Chopra attended the annual correspondents dinner hosted by U.S President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle obama at the White House on 1st May, 2016.
- U.S President Barack Obama awarded Indian-American journalist Neela Banerjee and three of her colleagues by Edgar A Poe Award on 1st May, 2016.
- Miss Ghana, Rebecca Asamoah is crowned the First-ever Miss Africa on 30th April, 2016 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has visited the Auckland war Memorial Museum on 1st May 2016. It is a three days visit New Zealand.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a scheme called as Pradhan mantri Ujjawala Yojana In Ballia Uttar pradesh on 1st May, 2016. This scheme is launched to provide five crore free LPG connections to BPL families.
- Indira Gandhi International airport (IGI) has announced as World no.1 airport on 1st May 2016.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed and e-boats in Varanasi on 1st May 2016.
- On 1st may, 2016 Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei has defeated his rival player Chen Long of China in the final of the Asia Badminton Championships.
- Indian Women’s team has achieved silver medal after losing from Chinese Taipei in first stage of Archery World cup on 1st May, 2016.
- The railway team has won the 6th National men’s Hockey championship title on 1st May 2016.
- Nico rosberg became the fourth driver Formula 1 history to record 7 successive wins and he defeated Mercedes teammates Lewis Hamilton in Russian Grand prix on 1st May 2016.
- Lucie safarova of the Czech Republic has won her first title of the year by defeating Samantha Stosur of Australia in the WTF Prague open final on 30th April 2016
- India and New Zealand signed a deal that opens the door for direct flights between the two countries that could boost tourism and trade sectors.
- Telecom major Vodafone India is close to launch its initial public offer with its British parents picking 6 investment banks including Kotak ICICI and UBS for India IPO.
Science and Technology
- Three Indian names are on the list of fifty scientists elected as Fellows of The Royal Society, a premier scientific academy of the U.K. and the Commonwealth. Physicist Sriram Ramaswamy, Director of TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad; biochemist Ramanujan Hegde, MRC Laboratory of Microbiology, U.K. and applied mathematician Lakshminarayanan Mahadevan, Harvard University have earned the top honour.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]
« Daily News Updates Of 30th April Daily News Updates Of 3rd May »