- Ministry of Home Affairs suspended the license of NGO headed by lawyer Indira Jaising on 1st June, 2016.
- The Delhi Government launched new ‘Adarsh basti scheme’ in the Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board(DSUIB) to improve infrastructure in slums.
- Former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar will endorse the Kerala government’s awareness campaign against the consumption of alcohol.
- Gujarat Forest Department has created a pond for the cats as the state faces the drought conditions.
- According to the ‘Bookings’ study released on 1st June, 2016, The nuclear deal between Iran-U.S will not encourage other countries in the region.
- India’s NIIT is going to train 50,000 chinese students over the five years on Big data. This training contract was signed in Guiyang, China.
- The 57-km long Gotthard tunnel has opened and VIP’s train enters during its inauguration on 1st June, 2016.
- A new multi-party opposition platform was launched in London on 1st June, 2016 by former Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed.
- The ONGC (Dehradun) team won 51st all-India basketball tournament for the Nachimuthu Gounder Cup in Coimbatore on 1st June, 2016.
- Former Cricket Association of bengal (CAB) curator Prabir mukherjee passed away at the hospital on 31st May, 2016.
- Dev Chandigarh lead the opening of the first round of the Louis Philippe Cup at the KGA course on 1st june, 2016.
- India opened its SABA U-18 basketball championship 2016 campaign with the victories over Bangladesh and Sri lanka in Dhaka on 1st June, 2016.
- Novak Djokovic became the first tennis player to reach the $100 million prize money mark by winning French Open quarterfinals for the tenth time on 1st june, 2016.
- Former Cricket Player Nuwan Kulasekara announced his retirement from test cricket on 1st June, 2016.
- Israeli start-up Sirin labs has launched its $14,000(9.44 lakh) android smartphone, which has “military grade” chip-to-chip 256-bit encryption.
- Banks in India issued around 3.4 million cards in the year ending 2015-16 and reached the total to 24.5 million.
- Commerce minister Nirmala Sitharaman will meet European Union Commissioner in Paris on 9th June, 2016 to discuss revival of free trading agreement negotiations.
- Airport Authority Of India has crossed Rs10,000 crore revenue in 2015-16.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of India Post’s payments bank with the project cost of Rs 800 crore on 1st June, 2016.
- The Cabinet is going to meet on 3rd june, 2016 to consider the National Civil Aviation Policy to include some norms for International flying rights.
- The Cabinet approved ex-post facto to amend public sector recruitment rules to allow the selection of candidates from a private sector and state public sector enterprises.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- On 1st june, 2016, Political science department head Naresh Dadhich, of Rajasthan University released a “Gandhi Katha”- a story told through twitter.