- A strong magnitude-7 earthquake rattled the Pacific Island nation of Vanuatu on 29th april, 2016.
- International Bank Note Society named New Zealand’s five dollar note as the best banknote of 2015 among nearly 40 eligible designs from a record 20 countries on 28th april 2016.
- Senior IAS officers Ashok Lavasa and Ajay Mittal were appointed as Expenditure and Information and Broadcasting secretaries respectively on 28th april 2016.
- The Supreme Court on 28th april 2016 revived the common entrance exam for undergraduate medical and dental courses.
- Dreaming to be the first Asian snooker Champion, Hong Kong’s Marco Fu joined China’s Ding Junhui in the semifinals of this year’s World Championship at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre on 27th April, 2016
- India, with 96 doping violations, was third top drugs offender in 2014 , World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) said on 28th april.
- Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that Rahuri in Ahmed nagar has become the first municipal country to embrace the Digital Locker, a part of the government’s flagship Digital India Programme.
Arts, Culture and Awards
- The Department of Art, Culture and Languages, Government of Delhi has presented the first day of “Bhakti Sangeet 2016” and this was organised by Sahitya Kala Parishad. This programme is being held in Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri, new Delhi on 29th April at 7p.m.
Science And Technology
- .A three-day conference, Quaternary Climate: Recent Findings and Future Challenges, which was inaugurated here on 28th april 2016, will discuss, among others, the role of climate change in shaping ancient civilisations
- On 28th April, 2016 PSLV has launched seventh and final satellite, will be called NAVIC(Navigation with Indian Constellation).The seventh and final satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System, the IRNSS 1G.