- Tibetan legal scholar and politician Lobsang Sangay has been re-elected as the Prime Minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile based in Dharamsala on 26th april,2016+.
- Palestinians on 26th April, 2016 inaugurated a statue of Nelson Mandela, donated by the South African city of Johannesburg, at their political capital in the West Bank city of Ramallah. It is a 20- feet long bronze statue.
- On 27th April, 2016, Government-run telecom company MTNL signed an MoU with the Ministry of urban Development where in the telecom major will provide Information and Communications Technology(ICT) platform for enabling solid waste management in urban local bodies.
- The Haryana government has launched a month-long campaign in Gurgaon and other districts of the state to improve “AADHAAR” registration.
- China’s Ding Junhui became the first player to reach the semifinals of this year’s World snooker Championship after defeating Mark Williams 13-3 inside two sessions on 26th April, 2016.Till now no Asian player has ever won the World title.
- The NBA in association with The 120 Media Collective has launched NBA.com in India on 27th April, 2016. The NBA has decided to focus on India-specific content.
- Sri Lanka Cricket(SLC) on 27th April, 2016 has announced Sanath jayasuriya as the Chief Selector.
- Reigning Olympic 400-metre hurdles champion Felix Sanchez has announced his retirement on 25th April, 2016 via video press conference.During his career he won 43 straight 400-metre hurdles races between 2001 and 2004.
- Indian Archer Deepika Kumari’s enabled India to get top ranking in mixed pair as she partnered 12th ranked Atanu Das and defeated Turkey 5-3 in the first round of eight.
- Apple Inc on 25th April, 2016 posted its first ever decline in iPhone sales and its first revenue drop in 13 years .
- Ola Cab services has announced expanding its low-cost service, Micro in 48 new cities in India. New cities that have been added include Patna,Aligarh, Amaravati, Guntur and Jhansi.
- Andhra-Pradesh Chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu rolls out Isuzu Motor’s first made in India Vehicle after inauguration of its Greenfield manufacturing unit at Sri City, on 27th April, 2016.
Awards,Arts and Culture
- Young Writer J.Alchemy’s first book titled “A road not travelled Book” was released in Delhi on 27th April, 2016. The book was launched by writer Amit Nagpal.
- Save the Children India, in association with the Suryaa and SidB presents the figurative artworks of Mrinmoy barua on 29th and 30th April in New Friends Colony, at 10a.m to 8p.m.
- A solo show of paintings by Dr.Chhaya Dubey is being held at Triveni gallery in mandi House, new Delhi and will last till 8th may, 2016.The medium of art includes acrylic,oil and dry pastels.