- The Eleventh Indo-Mongolia joint training Exercise, ‘Nomadic Elephant – 2016’ to promote military associations between India and Mongolia has commenced in Mongolia. The exercise will culminate on 08 May 2016.
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg have decided to open the foundation programme which will be named on Indian Mathematician Shrinivas Ramanuj.They have decided to name the foundation after watching a film “The man who knew infinity” which was based on Shri Nivas Ramanuj.
- First Mother’s Milk Bank has opened in Delhi-NCR on 26th April, 2016.
- Shreya Iyer,the first woman bike racer who has participated for TVS Racing in the fourth coming season of the National rally championship for two-wheelers.
- The International Cycling Union has banned Belgian rider Femke Van Den Driessche for six years for using a hidden motor at the cyclo-cross world championships.
- Mohun Bagan and India striker Jeje Lalpekhlua was declared winner of the ‘Indian Player of the Year’ award by the Football Players Association of India (FPAI) on 26th April,2016
- Olympic games will start from 5th August to 21 August and 10500 athelets from 206 were particiapting in this game. The Olympic torch started from Greece on 21st April, 2016 and it will reach to Brazil.
- Su-Kam Power System on 26th April, 2016 announced the introduction of a solar light that also incorporates a lithium ion battery, which means that the street light does not need to the grid, and can also function during power outages.
- On 26th April, 2016, Job Portal Monster has launched #MakeinIndiaWork initiative under which it will use its database to gather source funds for entrepreneurial ventures with an aim to boost statr up programme in India.
- Mumbai based Bharat Forge Ltd. will supply titanium forgings for Boeing 777X, a news series of aircraft in the Boeing 777 family which is under development.
- On 26th April, 2016, DBS Bank, Singapore’s largest bank has launched first mobile-only bank in India,targeting five million retail customers.
- The Income tax department will now add interest to a delayed refund made on excess TDS deductions. The Centre Board Of Direct Taxes has issued a directive on this regard on 26th April, 2016.
Awards, Arts and Culture
- To celebrate the life of veteran dancer mrinalini Sarabhai, who passed away this January, an event is held at Indian Habitat Centre on April, 29 at 7pm.
Science And Technology
- ISRO’s PSLV C-32 carrying navigation satellite IRNSS-1F lifting off successfully from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on 28th April, 2016 .The satellite IRNSS-1G (Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System-1G) is part of a constellation of seven satellites in order to provide accurate position information service to users across the country and the region.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]