- Mahila Gaurav Express scheme has been launched on 25th May, 2016 by Nitin Jairam Gadkari. This scheme will provide public transports equipped with vehicle tracking system, CCTV cameras and panic buttons in order to provide help to women in case of emergency.
- Pinarayi Vijayan is taking an oath as Kerala Chief Minister on 25th May, 2016 while Sarbananda Sonowal has taken an oath as Assam Chief Minister on 24th May, 2016.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) relaxed the entry norms for deemed University on 24th May,2016.
- President Pranab Mukherjee will meet Chinese President Xi Jinping on 26th May, 2016.
- National Geographic Bee finals is to be held on 25th May, 2016 in which seven Indian-American students were among the top ten contestants.
- China sets dance record in Guinness World Records on 24th May, 2016. More than 31,000 people were the participants of this Plaza Dancing at multiple Locations.
- Natasha Palha defeated Margarita Lazareva of Russia in the first round of the $20,000 women’s tennis at Andijan, Uzbekistan on24th May 2016.
- Former batsman of Maharashtra and Bengal, Srikanth Kalyani was assigned in technical panel of BCCI on 24th May 2016.
- On 24th May, 2016, India reached in finals in the Asian Team Snooker Championship.
- Kiki Bertens defeated Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber in the first round of the French Open on 24th May, 2016.
- Mary Kom lost the final chance in Rio Olympics by losing in the second round of the 51-kg category at Astana on 24th May, 2016.
- Government rejected its asset recycling plans with the worth of Rs16,600 crore state owned transmission with Power Corporation Of India Ltd.
- Airtel completed the Rs4,428 crore deal with Videocon on 24th May, 2016 to acquire the latter’s spectrum in six circles.
- UAE has compressed the norms for imports of Chilli peppers, mango and cucumber from India from may onwards.
- Bank Of India has reported a loss of 3,587 crore in the fourth quarter and gross NPA ratio moved up from 3.36 percent to 7.79 percent.
- Indian Government has signed a loan agreement of $100 million for the Karnataka Urban Water supply.
- Tata Motors has set up a new Global Delivery Centre in Pune at ICC Devi Gaurav technology Park.
- Snapdeal’s Chief Product Officer Anand Chandrasekher has resigned from his post on 24th may, 2016.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- Hollywood Actress Angelina Jolie has been appointed as a visiting professor for a masters course at London School Of Economics.
- Five-six foot tall monkey’s were installed in Westminster Bridge in London for the launch of Body Shop’s Bio-bridge programme on 24th May, 2016.