- Solar Impulse-2, around-the world solar powered flight that began in Abu Dhabi on march 9,2015, completed its most dangerous lag on 23rd April, 2016, crossing the Pacific ocean to glide into Mountain View, California.
- On 24th April,2016 Nepal observed the first anniversary of the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that claimed the lives of around 9,000 people last year. Several people gathered at the Durbar Square in Nepal’s capital Kathmandu and released the balloons in the sky.
- Punjab Chief Minister on 24th April,2016 has offered all support and cooperation to Bhagat Singh Memorial Foundation(BMSF) for conversion of the martyr’s house at his birthplace Banga in Faisalabad district into a world class Memorial.
- Rajendra Kumar, an IAS officer of 1989 batch has been appointed as additional charge of DSSSB on 24th April,2016.
- Indian railway has decided to set up automatic coach washing plants at 10 major depots to save water required for cleaning trains.
- Actor Salman khan has, been appointed as goodwill ambassador of India’s Olympics Association on 24thApril, 2016.
- Monica has, won Steel plant sports board with 9-1 score over Andra Pradesh in a Pod-D match in the Hockey India senior women’s national championship on 24 April, 16.
- Rafael Nadal has won Barcelona title a week after, his Monte carlo Masters triumph on 24th April, 16.
- Valentino Rossi won the Spanish Moto grandpix from pole position on 24th April,2016.
- The Department of Telecom has notified guidelines for liberalization of spectrum, allocated without auctions to telecom companies.
- An exhibition by photographer Ahmed Firoz titled Stagealive is on till 30th April,2016 at the India Habitat centre. Delhi.
- With rising internet and smartphones penetration in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities, e-commerce is expected to cross $100 billion by 2020.
- Smart Automobile CEO Annette Winker, has introduced the new model of model of Smart forfur and forwo at the Mercedes store ahead of AutoChina 2016 exhibition in Beijing on 24thApril, 2016.
- Reliance Industries has bought crude oil from Iran after a six-year break and is looking to strike a long-term fixed quantity deal, post lifting of sanctions.
- State-run BSNL today said various energy conservation measures adopted by it have resulted in a cumulative saving of Rs. 613 crore from April 2008 to March 2016.
Science and Technology
- On 24th April 2016, NASA has awarded a $67 million contract to Washington-based Aerojet Rocket dyne to develop an advanced Solar Electric Propulsion (SEP) system for deep-space missions.
- ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said that the space agency will test its reusable launch vehicle in May. Called RLV-TD, the vehicle will be released from a height of over 70 kilometer for its re-entry into the atmosphere.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]
« Daily News Updates of 23rd April Daily News Updates Of 26th April »