- Barack Obama and Michelle Obama were greeted by Queen Elizabeth-II and Prince Philip after landing in a helicopter at the Windsor castle for a private lunch on 22nd April, 2016.
- An 18-carat solid gold toilet seat is set to be installed at a Guggenheim U.S museum bathroom and the piece of art will not just be viewing but could be used too.
- The first significant step to put the Paris Climate Agreement into practice has taken place on 22nd April,2016. A total of 175 countries including India have signed the agreement at the U.N. The goal of this climate agreement is to keep temperatures below 2 degree Celsius by 2030.
- Major general Chrishantha de Silva was appointed as the new Sri Lankan Army chief by Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
- Petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan has said on 22nd April,2016 those who voluntarily give up the LPG cylinder subsidy under the government’s Give It Up scheme can ask for it after a year.
- India has signed a loan agreement with Asian Development Bank(ADB) for $50billion to promote power generation capacity in Assam on 22nd April, 2016.
- The Indian boys beat Chinese Taipei 2-0 in a positional match in the Asia. Oceania World Junior tennis (WJT) under-14 tournament in Nonthaburi, Thailand, on 23rd April, 2016.
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves rose by $333.7 million to reach a fresh life-time high of $360.250 billion in week of April 15, the Reserve Bank Of India said on 22nd April,2016.
- Union Minister for Power and Energy sector Mr. Piyush Goyal has said on 22nd April,2016 that India will set up the help desks across the country as well as in the U.K, the U.S, Japan and Australia to handhold the investors through laws and regulations .
- The Department of Telecommunications has amended the unified license on 22nd April,2016, which is required to offer mobile technology services in India in order to allow termination of calls on an internet protocol (IP)-based network.This would allow consumers to dial phone numbers from online voice service providers such as Whatsapp and Skype.
- The Department of Telecommunications wireless planning and coordination Wing has issued a notification to amend guidelines for liberalization spectrum in 800MHz and 1800MHz bands.
- By 2017, India is going to be the second largest market for smartphones. And in 2018, its annual growth is expected to be risen by 23 percent.
- The Government has launched a single window government-to-business(G2B) portal (www.ebiz.com) on 22nd April, Eleven central government services have been brought under this portal.
- Bentley on 22nd April, 2016 has introduced its first SUV- Bentayga, in Indian market with prices from Rs.3.85crore. The luxury SUV is powered by a 6 litres turbo charged petrol engine delivering 600 bhp.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]
« Daily News Updates Of 22nd April Daily News Updates Of 25th April »