- Election results of five states :- In Assam- BJP, West Bengal- Trinamool government, Puducherry – Congress, Kerala – CPI Party, Tamil Nadu- AIADMK has won the election on 19th mAy, 2016.
- President Pranab Mukherjee on 19th May 2016 has launched a mobile application “Monitor”.
- Cyclone ‘Roanu’ which lay centred 80 km southeast of Machilipatnam Andhra Pradesh And is expected to move towards northeast.
- India has launched a “red line campaign” in february this year and now began marking prescription only antibiotics with the red line in order to aware the side effects of antibiotics.
- Delhi consumed 6,044 MW of electricity on 19th may 2016, crossed the 6000- limit for the first time and becoming one of the biggest power consumers in India
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan is appointed as new Prime Minister of Turkey on 19th May, 2016.
- Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau received a standing ovation for delivering an apology for the “Komagata Maru incident” in the parliament on 18th May, 2016.
- Egypt Air Flight MS804 from Paris to Cairo was crashed over the Mediterranean Sea on 18th May, 2016.
- Former Champion Roger Federer withdrew from the French open on 19th May, 2016.
- Mary Kom has defeated Sweden’s Juliana Soderstrom in the AIBA World women’s boxing Championship on 19th May, 2016.
- On 18th May, 2016, Google chief executive officer Sundar Pichai introduced Google assistant, a virtual personal assistant along with the tabletop speaker. He also introduced Allo messaging service.
- Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, has invested in niki.ai, artificial intelligence- based chatbot.
- Maruti Suzuki India limited has decided to initiate a ‘service campaign’ to and replace a faulty brake part in 20,427 units of its S-Cross.
- TRAI (Telecom Authority Of India) has issued a consultation paper of free data comments from stakeholders.
- On 20th May, 2016, Apple Inc. has announced to open its first development centre in Hyderabad, India which will work on Apple Maps.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- 14.52 carat blue diamond became the most expensive diamond which was auctioned for $57.5 million at a Christie’s auction on 19th May, 2016.
- A stolen letter which was written by Christopher Columbus on his first voyage of discovery to the Americans was retrieved by Italian and US authorities.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]