- Sunil Lanba was appointed as a new Chief of Indian Navy in New Delhi on 31st May, 2016.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the retirement age of 65 years for doctors of central services on 31st May, 2016.
- B.S Bassi has been appointed as a member of UPSC with a five year old tenure on 31st May, 2016.
- An automated light and fan control system has been launched at the New delhi Railway station on 31st May, 2016.
- North Korea missile launch was failed on 31st May, 2016.
- Indian football club Delhi Dynamos became the first and only Indian club to be invited for the World Soccer Congress in Shanghai from 1st June to 3rd June, 2016.
- Saina Nehwal defeated Chinese Taipei in the $900,000 Indonesia Super Series Premier badminton tournament on 31st May, 2016.
- Bangalore-based SNN builder has acquired Essar’s housing project for Rs.490 crore.
- DLF reduced price on 32 screens of DT cinema to multiplex operator PVR.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals introduced an offer on the Singapore Stock Exchange to raise up to $200 million through security issues.
- Chennai Port Trust will invest Rs.1500 crore for the next five years to strengthen its capacity.
- India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) grew 7.9 % in the fourth quarter of 2015-16.
- Core sector which includes coal, crude oil and natural gas production grew 8.5% in April.
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries has agreed to sell Mauritius – based Gulf Africa Petroleum Corporation(GAPCO) to french energy firm “Total S.A”.
- Government met its fiscal deficit target to 3.9% for 2015-16.
- The Government announced on 31st May, 2016 that it will be implementing an equalisation levy, a tax on cross-border digital services from 1st june, 2016.
- The government has planned to form a search-cum-selection panel headed by Cabinet secretary, Pradeep Kumar Sinha to choose a deputy governor of the Reserve Bank Of India.
- Toshiba’s Cop’s Westinghouse Electric will relocate a planned project of nuclear plant to Andhra Pradesh in order to build six nuclear reactors.
- SEBI has said that mutual funds can restrict requests for retrieval only.
- According to the recent report of Google, E-tailing will contribute 25% of the total organised retails by 2020.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- KMB (Kochi Muziris Biennale) cofounder Bose Krishnamachari will assist the inaugural edition of the western Chinese art -Yinchuan Biennale in China between 9th September – 18th December, 2016.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]
« Daily News Updates Of 31st May, 2016 Daily News Updates Of 2nd June, 2016 »