- Defence Minister Manohar parrikar will leave for Oman and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 18th may 2016. it is a five day tour to deepen security and defence cooperation the region.
- 53 members have been retired from Rajya Sabha On 13th May, 2016.
- Delhi government has decided to map the dengue-affected areas which were identified last year.
- The Dhyan foundation has launched “reflective collar belts”for stray and dogs. The organisation already takes care of 15000 stray, injured rescued sick and abandoned animals through its network.
- Baba Hardev Singh spiritual head of the sant Nirankari Mission died in a road accident in Montreal, Canada on 13th May 2016
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and the leader of the Opposition R.Sampanthan Will participate together in a public event on 14th may 2016, which marks the 40th anniversary of the Vaddukoddai resolution.
- Lebanon’s Hezbollah I was on 14th may 2016 that its top military commander Mustafa Badreddine had been killed in attack in Syria.
- Sri Lankan president Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has discussed the fishermen issue on 13th May 2016 at the Hyderabad house in New Delhi.
- On 13th May 2016, Former Indian captain Anil Kumble was re-appointed as ICC cricket committee chairman for a second term of 3 years.
- Indian boxing star Vijender Singh has defeated Poland’s Andrzej Soldra in a sixth successive knockout round on 13th May, 2016 in Bolton, England.
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic took his winning stretch against Rafael Nadal to seven with a victory in Rome Masters quarter finals on 13th May 2016 .
- The Indian men’s team has won by 2-0 over Malaysia in the quarterfinals of the Asian team squash Championship on 13th May 2016.
- FIFA named a Senegalese UN diplomat as its first ever female Secretary General on 13th May 2016.
- Ruben Ramriaz Hidalgo of spain, a former top-50 player, has defeated Ramkumar Ramanathan in the semifinals of the $50,000 men’s Challenger tennis on 13th May 2016.
- Apple has invested $1 billion in Didi Chuxing, China’s biggest ride-hailing service. For the first time into on-demand transportation.
- Toyota Kirloskar motors Private Limited (TKMPL) is planning to open its diesel engine plant at Bidadi in Karnataka in a month.
- Tabtor Math, a tablet based math- teaching app for kindergartens through eighth graders has raised $3.7million.
- GMR Rajahmundry Energy Limited(GREL), a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure Limited (GIL) has adopted a restructuring plan (SDR) to convert Rs. 1,1414 crore of its total Debt of rupees 3780 crore into equity.
- Canadian renewable energy company Skypower has partnered with the Chinese manufacturer BYD Co. Ltd. on a bid in the upcoming tenders for 750 megawatts of solar power generation and energy storage capacity in India . The agreement was signed during the opening ceremony of the China Canada economic and trade cooperation conference.
Science And Technology News:-
- World largest cruz “Harmony Of The Sea” which is 1,187 feet long and 218 feet wide is going to start its journey from Barcelona, Spain on 22nd May, 2016. It can hold 6360 passengers and 2100 crew member. It is designed by French company STX.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]