- Rajya Sabha has approved finance bill and bankruptcy bill on 11th May 2016.
- AAP Government is preparing a proposal to install solar power plants atop major canals in Delhi. The government has sent a team of engineers to Gujarat in order to gain technical expertise about the canal-top solar projects.
- The Haryana government and the National Highway Authority of India(NHAI) will soon sign an agreement start of Pod Taxi service from Delhi to Gurgaon.
- The Delhi Minorities Commission(DMC) has recommended to the Law Commission to amend the Indian succession act, 1925 and include the third gender in Section 44 after consulting with the advisory committee of Christians which consists of 52 religious leaders and professionals.
- The Delhi government has reduced value added tax(VAT) on hybrid cars, battery operated vehicles and e-rickshaws from 12.5% to 5% . It is considered as a step towards reducing air pollution in the city.
- Bhalswa area in Shalimar Bagh will be the first zone in Delhi to be upgraded to the high tech smart grid system, which would make the entire power infrastructure online.
- President Pranab Mukherjee on 11th May 2016 signed the warrant for the appointment of Allahabad High Court chief justice D.Y Chandrachud, Madhya Pradesh High Court chief justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar, Kerala High Court chief justice Ashok Bhushan and senior advocate L Nageswara Rao and Supreme Court Judges.
International News :–
- Revathi Balakrishnan, an Indian-American elementary school teachers from Texas was recently honoured by US president Barack Obama at the White House for excellence in education.
- Australian scientists on 11th May 2016 claimed that they have unearthed a fragment of the world’s oldest known ground edge axe and t was considered as created up to 49 years ago around the time humans first arrived on the continent.
- West Indies cricket writer and commentator Tony cozier passed away on 11th May 2016 at the age of 75.
- Ramkumar Ramanathan has defeated Markos Kalovelonis of Russia by 6-4, 6-3 In the first round of the $50000 Challenger tennis tournament in Samarkand, Uzbekistan On 11th May 2016.
- VR Raghunath, Dharam Veer Singh and Ritu Rani have been nominated for the Arjuna Award for sporting excellence of 2016.
- India’s top archers will be in action as the sixth Phase of selection trials for the Rio Olympics begins at the sports authority of India on 13th May 2016.
- Golden state superstar Stephen curry was named as the NBA most valuable player for the second consecutive year on 11th May 2016.
- Pharma prices regulator in NPPA has fixed price of 54 drug formulations for the treatment of cancer, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, bacterial infections and hypertension.
- On 1st May 2016, the Department of Labour Resources, Bihar Government awarded 10 employees of IOCL, Barauni Refinery with outstanding employee award for the special contribution in the in the respective work areas.
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) celebrated its 22nd Foundation Day on 12th May, 2016. The annual awards being presented to 43 deserving employees for their outstanding contribution.
- R.B Burman has recently taken a charge as chairman of the National Statistical Commission (NSC) and is expected by economists to priorities the resolution of questions over the governments new Gross Domestic Product (GDP) series.
- IBall and Intel in partnership has launched Compbook excellence on 11th May,2016, which is at Rs. 9,999. It might be the cheapest Windows 10 laptop.
- The government has declared on 11th May 2016 that there will be no change in tax treatment of participatory notes despite the amendment of tax treaty with Mauritius.
Science And Technology News:-
- NASA kepler mission has announced that they had discovered the largest collection of 1,284 new planets outside the solar system.
- Scientists have developed a non-invasive personalized 3D virtual assessment tool to help doctors determine whether the patient faces the risk of life threatening arrhythmia, or condition when the heart rhythms is regular or abnormal.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- Aadyam Theatre Festival will bring five new plays in genres as drama, musical and satire.This fest will begin on 21st may 2016 at Kamani auditorium, Delhi.
- The show titled “Artbeat” has been organised to raise the funds for the education of underprivileged children till 22nd May 2016 at Art’est An Art Adobe in Gurgaon Around thirty three artists has come together for the show.