- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met his Hungarian counterpart Peter Szijjarto in New Delhi on 5th July, 2016.
- Supreme Court set up a deadline for blocking online sex selection advertisements on 5th July, 2016.
- The Union Cabinet approved to change the name of the High Court from Madras High Court to Chennai High Court on 5th July, 2016.
- The monsoon session of the parliament will be held from 18th July, 2016 to 12th August, 2016.
- The Union cabinet of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been reshuffled on 5th July, 2016 and 19 new MPs were introduced in the lower house.
- Prakash Javadekar has been appointed as the new HRD minister while Smriti Irani has been appointed as new Textile minister on 5th July, 2016.
- President Barack Obama has joined the campaign series of Hillary Clinton on 5th July, 2016.
- Bangladesh’s Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan said that the country is hoping for the global support against terrorism on 5th July, 2016.
- As per United Nation’s report, 30,000 foreign terrorists are currently present in Syria and Iraq.
- French government called a special constitutional powers to impose labour legislation on 5th July, 2016.
- Iraqi Interior Minister Mohammed Ghabban announced his resignation from the post on 5th July, 2016.
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has rejected the opposition party’s call to resign from the post on 5th July, 2016.
- FIFA world cup ticket would be sell for $1000 for 2018 World cup final in Moscow.
- On 5th July, 2016, The Government approved the proposal of Axis bank to increase the foreign investment limit to the maximum permissible level.
- Cabinet approved a project worth of Rs 32,835 crore for development of government colonies in Delhi on 5th July, 2016.
- The Central government approved the interest rate of 7% for farmer to get short-term loan.
- The Union Cabinet approved the scheme for BSNL employees to ensure equality in pension.
- Government approved the scheme worth of Rs. 10,000 core to provide apprenticeship training by 2020.
- On 5th July, 2016 NTPC said offer for sale (OFS) of 2.6 crore equity shares to its employees.
- On 5th July, 2016, Hockey captain Dhanraj Pillay expressed his gratitude to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Sports ministry and Indian railways for their support to hockey player Mohammad Shahid.
- Humpy Koneru defeated Zhao Xue in the third round of the FIDE women’s Grand Prix chess on 5th July, 2016.
- Italian Gianluca Zambrotta is appointed as the new head coach of Delhi Dynamos for the third season of the indian Super League(ISL) on 5th July, 2016.
- Sri Ram Balaji reached the singles second round and doubles quarterfinals of the $25,000 ITF men’s event on 5th July, 2016.
- Total 16 military personnel from India, out of which 14 of them are athletes, will be a part of Rio Olympics, Brazil.
- Dutee Chand was not qualified in the women’s 200m at the Kazakhstan National athletics Championship on 5th July, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- Swedish astronomers had discovered a massive black hole in the centre of a galaxy which is located at 70 million light years away from Earth.
- MIT scientists have developed a new vaccine for Ebola and H1N1 influenza.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- Filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami of Iran cinema passed away at the age of 76 in France on 4th July, 2016.
- A white shirt and leather-sleeved jacket of singer Prince have sold for $96,000 each.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]
« Daily News Updates Of 5th July, 2016 Daily News Updates Of 7th July, 2016 »