- Lok Sabha passed Lokpal and Lokayukta (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Bill on 27th July, 2016.
- Manipur joined the Ujwal DISCOM (distribution company) Assurance Yojana (UDAY) scheme and became the fourteenth state to join ‘UDAY’.
- The Odisha government approved 3- projects worth Rs 874 crore in a State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary A P Padhi.
- Rural Development Minister Abdul Haq declared on 27th July, 2016 that the central government approved a skill development programme worth Rs 1,601 crore in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Union cabinet approved the establishment of new AIIMS at Bathinda in Punjab under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana on 27th July, 2016.
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) became a related Organization to the United Nation (UN) on 25th July, 2016.
- WHO (World Health Organization) declared Brazil as a measles free nation on 26th July, 2016.
- Hillary Clinton won the nomination of Democratic Party for the President of the United States in the 2016.
- SBI launched a payment system at its ATMs which will allow the users to transfer money using their mobile number as identifier. The Instant money transfer (IMT) will sanction a payment upto Rs. 10,000.
- Manas Kumar Thakur has been appointed as the president of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) and Sanjay Gupta will be the vice president.
- RBI imposed Rs 2 crore fine each on Allahabad Bank and UCO bank Rs 1 crore on Bank of India for violation of anti-money laundering norms.
- Former cricket player Muttiah Muralitharan became the first Sri Lankan player to enter ICC’s Hall of Fame.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is set to launch Olympic channel on 21st August, 2016, after the end of Rio Olympics.
Science And Technology News:-
- Agricultural scientist Neelamraju Ganga Prasada rao passed away in Hyderabad at the age of 89.
- As per Scimago Institutions Rankings, the Council of Scientific Industrial Research (CSIR) has been positioned on the world’s 12th best government institution.
Arts, Culture and Awards News:-
- Musician T.M Krishna and social activist Bezwada Wilson won the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016.
- Former diplomat Arundhati Ghose who led CBT (Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty) negotiations in Geneva in 1996, passed away at the age of 76 on 26th July, 2016.
Q1. Lok Sabha passed ……………… bill on 27th July, 2016.
- Lokayukta bill
- Child labour bill
- Money bill
- Real estate bill
Q2. Which state became the fourteenth state to join ‘UDAY’.
- Tamil nadu
- West Bengal
Q3. On 27th July, 2016 Central government approved a skill development programme worth Rs 1,601 crore in ………….
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
Q4. WHO (World Health Organization) declared Brazil as ………………..
- Zika free
- Free from measles
- Ebola virus
- None of the above
Q5. Who has been appointed as a president of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Sanjay Gupta
- Manas Kumar Thakur
- Neelamraju Ganga Prasada
- None of the above
Q6. Who led CBT (Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty) negotiations in Geneva in 1996
- Arundhati Ghose
- Shashi Tharoor
- M.C. Chagla
- Nirupama Rao
Q1.Irom Chanu Sharmila
Q4. Raman Singh.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]