- Civil Rights activist, Irom Chanu Sharmila (also known as Iron lady of Manipur) announced to end her 16-year old fast on 9th August, 2016 and will contest the Manipur assembly elections as an Independent candidate.
- 27th July is marked as the first death ceremony of former president APJ Abdul Kalam.
- BRICS – (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) policy planning dialogue meeting has begun in Patna on 27th July, 2016. The 8th BRICS meeting is going to be held in Goa on 15th October and 16th October, 2016.
- Karnataka’s Government has opened startup cell in order to speed up the implementation of the initiatives under its start up policy.
- Dakshayani- oldest elephant of Kerala is going to be listed in Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
- According to the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) University Rankings BRICS report, IIT-Bombay IIT-Delhi and IIT-Madras were listed in top 20 rankings of universities.
- South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir appointed General Taban Deng as new vice president on 26th July, 2016.
- Mobile-based, Vodafone M-Pesa signed up with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) to provide consumers pay their electricity bills services.
- On 27th July, 2016, BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) signed a pact with Stock Exchange of Mauritius (SEM) for the collaboration in investments, products and cyber security.
- Yamaha Motor Research and Development India Pvt. Ltd. has installed its 2nd unit of R&D department at Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu.
- Johanna Konta from Britain defeated Venus Williams and won the first WTA title in Stanford on 25th July, 2016.
- Shot-putter Inderjeet Singh failed the dope test on 25th July, 2016.
- As per ICC board rankings, R Ashwin the off Spin bowler who became the no.1 in test cricket after taking 7 wickets in the 1st Test against West Indies on 24th July, 2016.
- Former India Football player Marto Gracias passed away at the age of 75 on 24th July, 2016.
Q1. Who is known as the Iron lady of Manipur
- Pratibha Patil
- Irom Chanu Sharmila
- Mary Kom
Q2. 8th BRICS meeting is going to be held in ……………..
Q3. Name the oldest elephant of Kerala which is going to be listed in Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
Q4. As per ICC board rankings, name the off Spin bowler who became the no.1 in test cricket after taking 7 wickets in the 1st Test against West Indies on 24th July, 2016.
- R Ashwin
- Saeed Ajmal
- Sunil Narine
- Nathan Lyon
Q2.Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Q3. Institutes Of Technology bill, 2016
Q4. Verizon Communication Inc.
Q5. Sanjiv Puri
Q7. Neeraj Chopra
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]