- 26th July, 2016 is observed as the “17th Kargil Vijay Diwas” which has been named after the success of Vijay Operation. Kargil Vijay diwas is observed every year in the honour of the Kargil War Heroes.
- “Swadesh Darshan Scheme” was launched on 26th July, 2016. The scheme was approved with 25 projects worth Rs 2,048 crore for 21 states and Union Territories in January 2015.
- On 26th July, 2016, Lok Sabha passed the “Institutes Of Technology bill, 2016” which aimed to open 6 new IITS in Tirupati, Bhilai and Jammu.
- On 25th July, 2016, Verizon Communication Inc.acquired Yahoo’s core assets of Internet for $4.83 billion in order to provide digital advertising and media business.
- Sanjiv Puri has been appointed as the COO of ITC Ltd. on 26th July, 2016.
- Reserve Bank Of India has imposed penalty of Rs. 27 crore on 13 banks on 26th July, 2016.
- Government took an initiative for the process to sell 15% stake in NBCC (National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited).
- Online company Myntra has taken over Jabong on 26th July, 2016.
- ICICI and Axis banks are the first Indian banks which signed the Swift possessed global payments innovation.
- As per Nasscom report released on 25th July, 2016, TCS has been ranked as the top employer in Indian IT industry standards.
- Online business firm Quikr took over the charge of the online recruitment firm Hiree, which is mainly focussed on white collar jobs.
- Ricoh India announced that the company’s chairman Tetsuya Takano has resigned from the designation on 25th jUly, 2016.
- Hans Vestberg, CEO of Ericsson was dismissed from the post on 25th July, 2016.
- L&T finance corporation appointed Dinanath Dubhashi as its Managing Director on 22nd July, 2016.
- Indian Shooter Manavaditya Rathore won the bronze medal in Junior World cup on 24th July, 2016.
- Spanish player Feliciano Lopez defeated Robin Haase of Netherlands and won the 2016 swiss Open Gstaad on 24th July, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- The Solar Impulse became the first aircraft after completing its global journey and landed in Abu Dhabi on 26th July, 2016.
Arts, Culture and Awards News:-
- “Kanyakumari” is the first ever woman violinist who has been nominated for the “Sangita Kalanidhi award” of the Music Academy in 2016.
- Former ASI(Archaeological survey of India) official Dr. Buddha Rashmi Mani has been appointed as the new director general of the National Museum on 25th July, 2016.
Q1. 26th July, 2016, is observed as which Kargil diwas ?
Q2. Which scheme was approved with 25 projects worth Rs 2,048 crore for 21 states and Union Territories in January 2015.
- Beti bachao beti padhao
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- MGNREGA scheme
- None of the above
Q3. On 26th July, 2016, Lok Sabha passed the …………..
- Bankruptcy bill
- Institutes Of Technology bill, 2016
- Compensatory Afforestation Fund (CAF) bill
- None of the above
Q4. Yahoo’s core assets of Internet has acquired by which company?
Q5. Who has been appointed as the COO of ITC Ltd.
- Y.C Deveshwar
- Sanjiv Puri
- Dinanath Dubhashi
- Hans Vestberg
Q1.Run for Rio Olympics
Q2. Water connectivity
Q3. Tamil Nadu
Q4. To empower disabled(divyangs) persons.
Q7. Neeraj Chopra
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]