- Prime minister Modi paid tribute to former PM Lal Bahadur Shastri in his memory at Shastri Street, Tashkent on 24th June, 2016.
- The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET-II for admission to medical colleges is to be held on 24th July, 2016 as announced by CBSE.
- In a conference on “social statistics” Bihar CM Nitish kumar restated the demand of making the caste-based census data public on 24th June, 2016.
- NASA and ISRO joined hands on 24th June, 2016 to develop a synthetic aperture radar satellite.
- On 24th June, 2016, The Delhi tourism announced the mango festival is going to held at Dilli haat on 26th June, 2016.
- The centre is planning to amend the ‘Specific Relief Act,1963’ in order to limit compensation in various cases.
- The Brexit has won as results came out on 24th June, 2016. The leave campaign received 51.9% votes.
- On 24th June, 2016, The British Prime minister David Cameron announced that he will resign as the British PM by October 2016
- India’s membership in NSG was delayed on technical grounds in the meeting of NSG bid in Seoul on 23rd June and 24th June, 2016.
- Panama canal expansion project will be officially inaugurated on 26th June, 2016.
- Pope Francis began his three-day visit to Armenia on 24th June, 2016 with the accusation of mass killing of Armenia’s century ago by Ottoman.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) said on 24th June, 2016 that the bank is ready to provide additional liquidity for financial markets, if it is required in the Brexit decision.
- Global equity and currency markets were crashed on 24th June, 2016 as Britain voted for exit from EU
- Uber, taxi services announced that the company will present Upfront fares in India and U.S.
- The London court of Arbitration has ordered Tata sons to pay Japanese mobile company NTT DOCOMO $1.17 billion in compensation for breachment of agreement on an Indian Joint venture.
- The Asian Development Bank approved a $500 million loan to build a bridge across the Ganges river in Bihar.
- Finnish mobile company Nokia appointed Sanjay Malik as the head of Indian market, effective from 1st August,. 2016.
- SunEdison Inc., the clean-energy firm sold a 7-MW solar projects in India to Amplus Energy Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- On 24th June, 2016, The Centre announced its plan to set up petrochemical complexes around all 22 refineries across the country.
- Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were drawn to meet in the semifinals of the 2016 year Wimbledon on 24th June 2016.
- Neil O’Brien, India’s first quizmaster was passed away in his home at Kolkata on 24th June, 2016.
- Vani Kapoor won hat trick of titles in Hero women’s pro golf tournament on 24th June, 2016.
- Snehadevi Reddy and Kyra Shroff reached in semi finals of ITF women’s tennis tournament.
- Courtney Browne replaced Clive Lloyd as the West Indies chairman of selectors of WICB.
Science And Technology News:-
- Scientists have invented a new bio ink stem cells, which allows 3-D printing of living tissues and may be used for surgical cases.
- According to a new NASA image, Pluto’s largest moon Charon was found with a gigantic canyon.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- The very first festival of Indian Art and Culture to be held in Australia in August 2016.
- Picasso’s painting “Femme Assise” which was painted in 1909 has sold for $63.7 million(Rs. 432 crore) at Sotheby’s in London.
- Tom Hanks, a hollywood actor will receive the life achievement award in the upcoming Rome Film Festival.
- The 17th IIFA award ceremony was began with the official trailer of Mirzya, the ceremony will close on 26th June, 2016.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]