- According to the Mercer’s 2016 Cost of Living Survey on 23rd June, 2016, Chennai has become the India’s third most expensive city to live in after Mumbai and Delhi.
- Smruti Ranjan has been appointed as a ‘Field General Manager’ of Chennai Zone of Central Bank of India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Narendra Modi met with his counterpart Uzbek Shavkat Mirziyoyev of Uzbekistan, in Tashkent on 23rd June, 2016.
- P.M Narendra Modi will present 14 smart city mission projects on 25th June, 2016.
- On 21st June, 2016, DRDO and Jadavpur university together established the Jagdish Chandra Bose Centre for Advanced Technology.
- Highest high-altitude zoo of India, Padma Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park in Darjeeling will get new snow leopard from London soon.
- Delhi Jal Board Engineers protested outside the Delhi Jal Board headquarters at Jhandewalan on 23rd June, 2016.
- NIA – National Investigation Agency is set to open its two new branches in Jammu and Raipur.
- The Result of Brexit and EU referendum is expected to be announced on 24th June, 2016.
- PM Narendra Modi met Chinese President Xi Jinping at a meeting in Tashkent on 23rd June, 2016.
- Mexico rehearsed its support for India’s membership in NSG summit on 23rd June, 2016.
- Indian Government is expecting a NSG membership from the NSG summit, which was held in Seoul on 24th June, 2016.
- RBI present the plan for a less-cash economy vision – 2018 in India on 23rd June, 2016.
- Japanese automobile company Toyota inaugurated its Rs. 1,100 crore diesel manufacturing plant on 23rd June, 2016.
- Amazon has launched an upgraded version of Kindle at low prices to promote e-reader sales.
- Biocon, a Biopharma company who was recently partnered with U.S based Quark Pharmaceutical firm had received an approval from the Drug Controller General Of India(DGCI) on 23rd June, 2016.
- Universal Robots India Pvt. Ltd is planning to sell 100 co-bots to auto component companies and R&D labs in the current year.
- SAP Labs India has introduced SAP startup Studio, to facilitate mentoring, infrastructure, technology support.
- A pan India e-auction of tea began on 23rd June, 2016.
- Reliance Communication (RCom) is planning to merge with Aircel soon with for a $6billion.
- The Centre is planning to convert unused airports in India into special economic zone (SEZ) for aircraft leasing companies.
- Boxer Manoj Kumar became the second Indian boxer to qualify for the Rio Olympic games on 23rd june, 2016.
- BCCI appointed Anil Kumble as the head coach of Indian cricket team for the 2016-17.
- Swati Ghate(LIC) scored 7.5 points and entered the club of qualifiers with IM S.Vijayalakshmi (Air India) after the 9th round of the National Women Challengers Chess championship on 23rd June, 2016.
- Copa America Cup 2016 final match is going to held between Chile and Argentina on 26th June, 2016.
- Kyan Chenai, Gagan Narang and Abhinav Bindra lost in the final match at the ISSF World Cup in Baku on 23rd June, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- On 23rd June, 2016, China has launched its first-ever “dark sky reserve” for astronomical observation in the Tibetan headquarters of Ngari, bordering Nepal and India
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]