- State cabinet approved a proposal to upgrade Shri krishna Government Ayurvedic College, Kurukshetra, university as AYUSH university.
- The Odisha government is expecting Rs. 1000 crore investment in the Green Field Electronics park, which is expanded in the 203 acres of area.
- 19th June is observed as World refugee Day. More than 14,000 Afghan refugees have taken shelter in India.
- TSR committee had submitted a report to Human Resource Department that UGC has been unable to impose regulations for quality of higher education over the years.
- On 19th June, 2016,External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said at a press conference that India is hopeful of convincing China for NSG membership.
- Seven names of successors of RBI governor Raghuram Rajan are – Arundhati Bhattacharya, Urjit Patel, Ashok Chawla, Arvind Subramanian Subir Gokarn, Arvind Panagariya and Kaushik Basu.
- Mohana Singh, Bhawana Kanth and Avani Chaturvedi became the first three women fighter pilots on 18th June, 2016.
- Rome elections was held on 19th June, 2016 for its mayor position and Virginia Raggi, a five star movement candidate could be the first woman mayor of the Eternal city, Rome.
- Iran signed a deal with U.S plane manufacturer boeing to buy 100 planes.
- Volkswagen group will soon stop manufacturing more than 40 car models.
- Tata Power Ltd. signed an energy agreement with Welspun Enterprise Ltd. worth of Rs. $1.4 billion.
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) has rejected accusations against Nissan motors.
- Ayurvedic cosmetics company Biotique will invest Rs. 200 crore to construct an another branch in Himachal Pradesh and North east.
- Spicejet will soon offer passengers a taxi services option to reach airport at the time of ticket purchase.
- 106-year old Aida Germanque became the world’s oldest olympic torchbearer on 18th June, 2016 when she was honoured to carry the flame in Macapa, Brazil.
- Snehadevi Reddy won the Mary Pierce in the ITF women’s tennis tournament on 19th June, 2016.
- Balaji Sports defeated vats Sports in the Abheeta Khanna memorial under-14 cricket tournament on 19th June, 2016.
- M.R. Poovamma won a 400m race in 53.18 seconds in the Opole, Poland on 19th June, 2016.
- Gaurav Gill (co-driver of Glenn Macneall) won the FIA APRC International rally of Queensland on 19th June, 2016.
- The ICC announced on 19th June, 2016 that fast bowler Shaminda Eranga of Sri Lanka has been banned from bowling in International cricket.
Science And Technology News:-
- A crater in Mars has been named after a Langtang village of Nepal, which is hit by an earthquake.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- Paul Cox an Australian Director passed away at the age of 76.
- Chinese banned dog meat festival on the annual eve of the event 19th June, 2016.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]
« Daily News Updates Of 18th June, 2016 Daily News Updates Of 21st June, 2016 »