- The Central government stated that the government saved Rs. 22,000 crore by the cooking gas subsidy in the financial year 2015-16.
- The ruling party is planning to celebrate the 70th year of Independence day i.e. on 15th August, over a week from 15th August, 2016 to 22nd August, 2016.
- The Lok Sabha passed the landmark bill for the required status of NEET( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) from the academic session of 2017-18.
- The Delhi Government approved to release Rs. 374 crore to all three Municipal Corporation on 19th July, 2016.
- Panama gave its consent to sign the tax treaty with Indian agencies, which will help them to investigate the matter of Panama papers.
- Turkey debarred more than 15,000 employees of education sector on 19th jUly, 2016.
- Central government announced Rs 22,915 crore investment into 13 public sector banks on 19th July, 2016.
- According to the Brand Finance India, Tata remained reliable brand of India in 2015-16 but declined by 11% in terms of value.
- TPG Growth has declared a $33 million investment for to take a stake in Rhea Healthcare.
- The Chennai Port trust took six projects worth of Rs. 200 crore in order to strengthen its stability.
- All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA) has declared 5,600 defaulter’s names of private and public sector banks as of March, 2016.
- DoT (Department of Telecom) has issued demand notices to six telecom companies, which includes Bharti Mittal, RCom and Vodafone.
- Wipro Software company’s profit decreased by 6.4 % in the first quarter of June, 2016.
- As per the annual Current Market Outlook (CMO) report, Airlines in India will demand 1,850 new airplanes worth $265 billion in the next 20 years.
- India will host the match and play against Spain in the Davis Cup World Group from 16th September, 2016 to 18th September, 2016.
- The International Olympic Committee stated on 19th July, 2016, that the committee will study the legal possibilities to ban Russia from the Rio Olympic 2016.
- Kanika Vaidya defeated Chingwen Hsu of China in the first round of the $10,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament in Hong kong on 19th July, 2016.
- International Master S.Ravi Teja won the Amity Challengers chess title on 19th July, 2016.
- Avtar Singh, Indian Judoka has qualified for Rio Olympics 2016 in the 90 kg section.
- Kothajit Singh and Chinglensana Singh will become Manipur’s first Hockey players in the Olympics since Thoiba in 1998.
Science And Technology News:-
- On 18th July, 2016, International researchers announced the discovery of 104 new planets outside the solar system.
- Scientists have developed a reliable vaccine for malaria.
Q1. What is the name of the Indian Judoka player who has qualified for Rio Olympics 2016 in the 90 kg section.
- Avtar Singh
- Joshna Chinappa
- Harinder Singh
- Kothajit Singh
Q2. Kanika Vaidya defeated to whom in the first round of the $10,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament in Hong kong on 19th July, 2016.
- Saina Nehwal
- Chingwen Hsu of China
- Martina Hingis
- None of the above
Q3. How much planets were discovered outside the solar system
Q4. Panama has signed a tax treaty recently to which country
Q1. Vijay Goel
Q2. Thomas Bach
Q3. World Anti-Doping Agency
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]