- On 16th June, 2016 Centre had imposed 20% export duty on sugar in order to keep sufficient sugar in domestic market.
- The PM Narendra Modi, External Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and Thailand PM’s wife Narapon Chan-o-cha met in New Delhi to promote trading ties and counter terrorism on 17th June, 2016.
- The Winsome Group of Diamond and gold trade was considered as the second largest bank loan default with debts of Rs.7000-crore after Kingfisher Airlines.
- Union Health Minister J.P Nadda said on 17th June, 2016 that polio case suspected in Balrampur district, Uttar Pradesh.
- Former Marine Imran Yousuf of Indian origin turned hero by helping over 70 people in the mass shooting at Orlando gay club.
- India-Bangladesh waterways transit, was inaugurated on 16th June, 2016 in Dhaka.
- On 17th June, 2016, President Pranab Mukherjee was present with the Namibian President Hage Geingob at the State House in Windhoek, Republic Of Namibia.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that India and South Korea will together review their Free Trade Agreement(FTA), which is commonly as known as CEPA(Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement).
- The Central Government announced on 17th June, 2016 that NRIs are allowed to open online accounts in National Pension Scheme(NPS).
- Centum Electronics announced that the firm will hold 51% stake in French company Adetel Group on 17th June, 2016 .
- Indian Oil Corporation signed an agreement on 17th June, 2016 to buy 23.9% stake in Russia’s oil field Vankor from Rosneft for about of $2.1 billion.
- Chennai-based startup Luxepick.com which is founded by S.Mahesh, Senthil Kumar, N.S.Magesh and P.Gowthaman is started providing jewellary on rent.
- Moody’s Investors service has revised its oil price policy on 17th June, 2016 and increased it to $40 per barrel for the year 2016.
- Cdr. Ashutosh Pednekar of Indian Navy became the first Indian to participate and won the International sports of racketlon tournament.
- Renaud Lavillenie from France, won the Diamond League meet on 16th June, 2016.
- Snehadevi defeated French player Fiona Codino in the quarterfinals of the Mary Pierce Indian Ocean series $10,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament on 17th June, 2016.
- Vani Kapoor defeated Gursimar and achieve 16-stroke victory as the eighth leg of the Hero women’s pro golf tour at the Eagleton Golf resort on 17th June, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- NASA scientists have found an asteroid named as satellite 2016HO3 in an orbit around the sun and a strong companion of the sun.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
- Paulo Coelho’s upcoming novel is based on the life of Dutch born dancer Mata Hari.
- Florida’s Walt Disney World will post alligator warning signs of the danger.
- Indian students Madhura Kulkarni, at Birmingham city university in U.K won the global Handbag designer Awards for LED emoji-enabled bag.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]