- Pema Khandu has taken a oath as a Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh in Itanagar on 18th July, 2016.
- Monsoon session of the Parliament is to be scheduled from 18th July, 2016 to 12th August, 2016.
- Khangchendzonga National Park of Sikkim has been listed in a world heritage by the World Heritage Committee (WHC) of the UNESCO in the 40th session of the WHC at Istanbul in Turkey.
- According to WHO report, number of doctors – allopathic, ayurvedic, homeopathic and unani at the national level are 80 doctors per lakh population.
- On 15th, July, 2016, China authorised two naval ships named as Honghi and Luomahu with a capacity of 20,000 tonnes for “Spratly Islands”, which is disputed island of China and Philipines.
- China released a picture of nuclear capable H-6K, a long range bomber flew over Scarborough Shoal (Panatag Shoal) in the Spratly Islands.
- Total revenue collection of new cars and Free Trade Association of Europe Union has been raised to 6.5 % in June, 2016.
- As per the recent report released, Logistic department is expected to grow by 20% between 2015- 16 and 2019-20 if GST bill would be implemented in 2016.
- Listed firms have raised over Rs. 8,000 crore with the help of bond issues on recently launched e-book platforms.
- Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) asked the CEO of NITI Aayog Amitabh Kant to identify one loss generating PSU and make its sell-off or liquidation plan.
- TRAI is planning to begin consultation on service quality of voice and data services within 15-days.
- Power Solution company S.Jakson Group is planning to generate Rs. 3000 crore revenues from its solar business by 2017-18.
- Dabur India has merged with DRDO to boost sustainable growth of medicinal plants in Ladakh.
- Dipika Pallikal defeated Joshna Chinappa in the women’s final of the 73rd senior National Squash Championship on 17th July, 2016.
- Vikash Anand from Chennai won the the third race of the MRF F1600 class in the MRF MMSC and FMSCI Indian National racing championship at the MMRT on 17th July,2016.
- Reliance Jio, a digital platform of Reliance Industries announced its partnership with the India’s Olympics delegation.
- Ricky Donison of the BPC Racing won the senior Max class in the third round of the 13th JK Tyre-FMSCI National Rotax Max karting championship at the Kari Motor Speedway in the Chettipalayam on 17th July, 2016.
- Jo Wilfried of Tsonga of France defeated Jiri Vesely of the Czech Republic and reached to semifinals of Davis Cup on 17th July, 2016.
- Jarlinson Pantano from Columbia has defeated Rafal Majka of Poland and won the 15th stage of the Tour de France on 17th July, 2016.
- Doubles team Dhruthi Venugopal and Kateryna Sliusar of Ukraine were defeated by Jacqueline Cabaj Awad of Sweden and Ana Veselinovic of Montenegro in the $10,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament.
- Henrik Stenson defeated Phil Mickelson and won the British Open at Royal Troon on 17th July, 2016.
- S.Lokesh, Bengaluru’s athlete won the 16th Gymnasiade ISF World School Championships in the Trabzon, Turkey on 17th July, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- SpaceX(Space Exploration Technologies Corporation) is set to launch parking spot to the International Space Station on 18th July, 2016.
Arts, Culture and Awards News:-
- “Beatles” The Rock Band celebrated its 10th anniversary of “Love Show” on 17th July, 2016.
Q1. What is the name of the CEO of NITI Aayog?
- Amitabh Kant
- Urjit Patel
- Arvind Panagariya
- Shashi Kant Sharma
Q2. Who was recently appointed as the chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh
- Nabam Tuki
- Pema Khandu
- Tathagata Roy
- None of the above
Q3. Khangchendzonga National Park of Sikkim has been listed in a world heritage by the World Heritage Committee (WHC) of the UNESCO in which session
- 41st session
- 40th session
- 42nd session
- 39th session
Q4.What is the name of the disputed island between China and Philipines
- Spratly Islands
- Pratas islands
- Paracel islands
- Wuzhizhou Island
Q5. DRDO recently partnered with which company
- Dabur India
- None of the above
Q6. Who won the 15th stage of the stage of the Tour de France on 17th July, 2016.
- Jarlinson Pantano
- Chris Froome
- Mark Cavendish
- None of the above
Q1. Security And Exchange Board
Q2. 18th September, 2016
Q5. C-17 aircraft
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]