- The Cabinet passed the scheme on 13th July, 2016 for Rs. 12,000 crore plan to train 60 lakh people and certify 40 lakh unskilled workers over the next four years under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
- The Coordination team of the evacuation operation sent to South Sudan to bring Indians, this evacuation is the second major operation led by Gen. Singh after the evacuation of Indians from Yemen in 2015.
- The NDA Government appointed Ashok Patnaik as the Chief Executive officer (CEO) of the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID).
- “Theresa May” became the second woman Prime Minister of Britain on 13th July, 2016.
- China has warned to deploy a military of air defense zone in the South China Sea on 13th July, 2016.
- Mohammed Asim has been appointed as a new Foreign Minister of Bangladesh on 13th July, 2016.
- The Cotton Advisory Board met in Mumbai on 13th July, 2016, in which the board has decided the cotton production to be revised downward by 4%.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs announced the approval for 15% stake sale of NBCC (National Building Construction Corporation Limited) out of its 90% shares.
- Hinduja Group leading company Ashok Leyland won the Rs.450 crore bus orders from state transport in the June quarter of 2016.
- e- Aadhaar document can now be treated as a valid document for identity and address proof document for taking a new mobile connection.
- Indian Hotel Company Ltd. (IHCL), which operates the Taj group of hotels has declared the deal of its Taj Boston Hotel to AS Holdings LLC.
- Ikea is going to invest Rs. 1500 crore in Mumbai in order to open 25 stores across India by 2025.
- Max India Ltd. will list on Paris stock exchange list on 14th July, 2016.
- L&T Infotech’s Rs 1,1243 crore IPO reached 11.67 times on 13th July, 2016.
- Us Tennis Association announced on 12th July, 2016 that the US Open tennis tournament championships will rise to $46.3 million in 2016 tournament.
- Peter Sagan from Slovakia won the second stage of the Tour de France Bicycle race on 13th July, 2016.
- Indian chess player Humpy Koneru, D.Harika and Antoaneta Stefanova from Bulgaria reached in final round of FIDE women’s Grand Prix chess on 13th July, 2016.
- Prerna Bhambri defeated Zhao Xiaoxi China in the quarterfinals of the $10,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament on 13th July, 2016.
- The Indian 4*400m relay team has set a new national record with a timing of 3:00.91 and marked as the second best team in the World 2016 at the 3rd Indian Grand Prix in Erzurum (Turkey).
- On 13th July, 2016, Renjith Maheshwary, a triple jumper marked a new record of 17.30m and achieved a third-best triple jump title at the 4th Indian Grand Prix in Bengaluru.
- Sania Mirza has launched her autobiography – Ace Against Odds on 13th July, 2016.
- Silver medalist, Joseph Antic in Indian hockey at the Rome Olympics, passed away at the age of 90 on 12th July, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- Juno spacecraft has sent first image while revolving around Jupiter.
Arts, Culture and Awards News:-
- Former Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen is going to host Rio Olympics on 5th August, 2016.
- Indian-American Dr. Kinshuk has been appointed as the dean of the University of North texas College of Information.
- First time ever Golden Symphony will start their three-city tour from Delhi – Bangalore-Mumbai in July, 2016.
Q1. Who was the first woman Prime Minister of Britain
- Margaret Thatcher
- Theresa May
- Andrea Leadsom
Q2. Who is going to host Rio Olympics held on 5th August, 2016.
- Lionel Messi
- Gisele Bundchen
- Marcelo Ferreira
- Dante Amaral
Q3. What is the name of the book launched by Sania Mirza.
- Ace Against Odds
- The Breakaway
- No Limits
- The Second half
Q4. Which company will list on Paris stock exchange list on 14th July, 2016
- L&T Infotech
- Max India Ltd.
- Taj Boston Hotel
- Ashok Leyland
Q5. Who won the second stage of Tour de France Bicycle race on 13th July, 2016.
- Peter Sagan
- Lance Armstrong
- Miguel Indurain
Q6. Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive officer (CEO) of the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID).
- Ashok Patnaik
- Dineshwar Sharma
- Syed Asif Ibrahim
Q7. What is the name of the operation evacuation sent to South Sudan to bring Indians
- Sankat Mochan
- Operation Pied Piper
- None of these
Answers Key – 13th July, 2016
Q1. b) Taylor Swift
Q2. b) Juba
Q3. a) Anirban Lahiri and S.S.P Chawrasia
Q4. a) Abbas Naqvi
Q5. a) Arvind Panagariya
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]