- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) held an emergency meeting to plan the eviction of the helpless Indians from South Sudan.
- On 12th July, 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a meeting with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir to maintain the discipline after the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Burhan Wani.
- The Union Government is planning to frame the integrated syllabi of science subjects and question paper across state and central boards.
- Abbas Naqvi has been appointed as the Minister of State for Heavy Industries and state minister of minority affairs on 12th July, 2016.
- Cairn Energy firm has claimed $5.6 billion compensation from the government for a breach in an investment agreement.
- China has refused an International Hague Tribunal judgement on the South China Sea on 12th July, 2016.
- India, U.S and Japan joined the International court in order to strengthen the decision declared by the International court.
- Indian officials will meet Japanese government to sell its farm products such as sesame seeds and services including nurses on 28th July, 2016 in New Delhi.
- GoAir a Wadia leading company has placed an order for 72 A320neo aircraft with airbus at the Farnborough International Airshow
- IDFC Bank decided to take over micro finance institution Grama Vidiyal in order to increase its customer services and profits.
- As per the data released by government on 12th July, 2016, vegetable prices raised consumer price index to 14.7% in June, 2016.
- Kim Dotcom announced to relaunch his Hong Kong based online firm – Megaupload in 2017.
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya said in a meeting with central trade union that the importance to promote labour – taking industries in order to create jobs.
- COIR exports is planning to raise by 17% in terms of value as the COIR Board is aiming to double the exports by 2019.
- BSE has released an online bidding platform for unrestrained gold bonds and begun mock biddings on the system.
- Sport car Ford Mustang was launched first time in India with a price at Rs. 65 lakh.
- Three golf players – Anirban Lahiri, S.S.P Chawrasia and women golf player Aditi Ashok were qualified for Rio Olympics on 11th July, 2016.
- 16 men and women were declared to represent Indian Hockey at the Rio Olympics on 12th July, 2016.
- Premier Futsal declared the inaugral season will be organized from 15th July, 2016.The Tournament will consist 6 franchises in two groups and 15 matches will be held at Chennai and Goa. Out of which Chennai will organise first six matches while the remaining matches till final will be held at Goa.
- FC Barcelona has signed french defender Samuel Umtiti from Lyon for 25 million pounds on 12th July, 2016.
- Oriental Bank Club will begin its campaign against Government of NCT Delhi in the DSA Annual Institutional Football League on 14th July, 2016.
- On 14th July, 2016, Indian Super League champion Chennaiyin Football Club declared the defender Bernard Mendy will continue for the league’s third season.
- Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and Ariel Behar of Uruguay were defeated by Marcos baghdatis and Gilles Muller in the first round of the $577,860 ATP tour event on 11th July, 2016.
- Koneru Humpy was defeated by Ukraine’s Anna muzychuk while D.Harika maintains her lead at the FIDE Women’s Grand Prix Chess on 12th July, 2016.
Arts, Awards And Culture News:-
- American singer Taylor Swift has been declared as the highest paid celebrity of 2016 as per the annual list released by Forbes with an earning of $170 million.
- According to the Forbes annual list of highest paid data, Bollywood actor Shahrukh has been placed on 86th position with $33 million earning while Akshay Kumar ranked on 94th position with $31.5 million on the list.
Q1. Who was the announced as the highest paid by Forbes Magazine
a ) Britney Spears
b ) Taylor Swift
c) Shah rukh Khan
d ) Akshay Kumar
Q2.Name the capital of South Sudan
- Abu Dhabi
Q3. Name the Indian golf player/players that are qualified for Rio Olympics 2016.
- Anirban Lahiri and S.S.P Chawrasia
- Jeev Milkha Singh
- Shiv Kapur
- None Of these
Q4. Who has been appointed as the Minister of State for Heavy Industries and state minister of minority affairs.
- Abbas Naqvi
- Najma Heptulla
- Prakash Javadekar
- None Of these
Q5.Who is the vice chairman of NITI aayog.
- Arvind Panagariya
- Urjit Patel
- Shri Bibek Debroy
- V.K. Saraswat