- The first ever water metro project “ Kochi Water Metro project” was launched to provide water connectivity and was inaugurated by Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan at Kochi on 23rd July, 2016.
- On 23rd July, 2016, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) technology centre sponsored by world bank and the GOI.
- Country’s first ever Green rail corridor-114-km Rameswaram-Manamadurai was launched in Tamil Nadu on 24th July, 2016 by Railway Minister S.Prabhu.
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis launched a pilot project of E-complaint on a trial basis in Pune commencing across the state in eight months at the time of 14th Maharashtra Police meet at SRPF ground at Ramtekdi.
- India’s indigenous aircraft carrier INS Viraat has begun its last journey from Mumbai to Kochi on 23rd July, 2016.
- A motorcycle rally “Ride for Accessibility” was organised in Delhi on 24th July, 2016. The theme of the rally was to strengthen disabled (divyangs) persons.
- On 23rd July, 2016, China revealed the world’s largest aircraft AG600 which was manufactured in Zhuhai, Guangdong province,South China. The aircraft has maximum range of 4,500 km for fighting forest fires and marine rescues.
- Nepal’s P.M Khadga Prasad Oli has resigned from the post on 24th July, 2016.
- National Stock Exchange(NSE) has appointed three new public interest directors – Mohandas Pai, Naved Masood and Dinesh Kanabar on 24th July, 2016.
- India and Mexico framed a new plan in bilateral trade and investment bond on sectors including renewable energy, telecom and medical devices.
- 10 kw enabled solar power plant was authorized at Dhanas lake in Chandigarh with an aim to develop “Chandigarh – Solar city”.
- Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian to win the gold medal at the U-20 World Championship in Bydgoszcz, Poland, on 23rd July, 2016
- Former Indian cricketer G.K Bose was awarded by Kartik Bose Lifetime Achievement Award at the Cricket Association of Bengal annual function on 23rd July, 2016.
- Britain’s Mo Farah won a bronze medal in world half marathon in Cardiff, South coast wales on 24th July, 2016.
- Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian Grand Prix on 24th July, 2016.
Science And Technology News:-
- ISRO Chief A.S Kiran said in a meeting in Chennai that the India will launch a weather satellite in August, 2016.
Arts, Culture and Awards News:-
- Prof. Abhiraj Rajendra Mishra will be awarded with Vishwa Bharti award as per the announcement made by Sanskrit Institute 2015 awards.
- Singer Bappi Lahiri and filmmaker Goutam Ghose have been conferred by Mahanayak award by West Bengal Cm Mamta Banerjee on 24th July, 2016.
Q2. Kochi Water Metro project” was launched to provide ……………….
- Electricity connectivity
- Water connectivity
- Road connectivity
- Wifi – connectivity
Q3. Country’s first ever Green rail corridor-114-km Rameswaram-Manamadurai was launched in …………
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q4. What is the theme of a motorcycle rally “Ride for Accessibility” was organised in Delhi on 24th July, 2016.
- To empower disabled(divyangs) persons.
- To promote education
- To promote Olympics
- To promote child development
Q5. China revealed the world’s largest aircraft ………….which was manufactured in Zhuhai, Guangdong province,South China.
- AGM-142 Raptor
- AGM-158 JASSM
Q6.Which Union territory is going to be develop as a Solar city.
Q7. First Indian to win the gold medal at the U-20 World Championship in Bydgoszcz, Poland, on 23rd July, 2016
- a) Neeraj Chopra
- b) Dinesh Kanabar
- c) None of the above
Q2. Green PIN
Q3. Romain Bardet
Q4. Ajay Kumar Bhushan
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]